Monday, September 12, 2011

I Did It

I actually went to the gym tonight.  Ugh.  I could have very easily faded off to sleep in the recliner but I didn't.  I had a little dinner, changed into my workout clothes and headed to the gym.

I had no misgivings.  I was not going to set the place on fire.  I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the stair climber, and 5 minutes of stretching.  Big deal, I know, but at least it's a start.  Now I just have to keep it up.  

Figuring out when I can get to the gym is the big question right now.  It's so easy to make excuses.  I need to be firm with myself and pick a time to go.  After work is logical but that means doing without some other activities, like knit group.  On the the other hand, if I can just get to bed early I can get up early and go before work.

When do you like to workout?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Good for you Suz. That's a great workout for your first time back!
Early always worked better for me.--no schedule conflicts other than sleep! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

~good job!..in the morning is best for me..gives energy for the rest of the day..good luck! ;-D