Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vacation Ending?

Everything happens for a reason, right?  I found out today that I didn't get the job I thought I wanted.  Maybe I didn't really want it after all.  As I sat through the gruelling interview with six different team leaders, all from various departments, I did have a slight inkling that it wasn't for me.  I liked the people in the room but wondered if I really had what they were searching for.  One gal in particular seemed to come at me full force and it was at that precise moment that I decided it wasn't meant to be.

I would have taken the job had they offered it to me but would I really have been happy?  Maybe not.  I think there are other positions in the company I would have preferred and hopefully, if it's meant to be, they'll realize I am a better fit for those and it will come to be.

Maybe they didn't like that I pointed out that the link in their website career page did not point back to the page it said it would.  I dunno......

Anyhow, I might be starting my new contract position or not tomorrow morning with another company.  The recruiter called today to say I would start today but the email she sent later in the day said my first day is next Monday.  Confused??  Me too!  I'm fine if I start next Monday - I've got plenty of stitching to do before my niece's bridal shower on Sunday and could use a few more days of 'vacation'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

~ exactly..things happen for a reason!..the right fit will find ewe!..good luck! ;-D