Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blank

Tonight I went to dinner with several people working on a different area of our new system.  My former boss, who was hosting the group, asked me what I was doing and you guessed it -- I went completely blank.  I was so embarrassed that I could not pull the proper terms out of my cluttered mind for the things I learned today.  Argh!  I spent 4 hours on the phone with one of my teammates in New Jersey, learning all about the system, what he'd been working on, and how I was going to be taking over for him.  Darn if I couldn't remember how to explain it to the group.  I felt like such a dope.

I should have known it would be a wacky day -- I left the house without my smartphone this morning and felt lost all day.  I managed to make a hair appointment, called Enterprise to check on 15 seat passenger van rentals for the quilt guild, and remembered to take my blood pressure pill on time.  Good thing.  All of these reminders were on my smartphone, which was sitting on the floor in my bedroom, hooked up to the charger.  Hope things go better tomorrow.

No comments: