Thursday, May 20, 2010

Done, done, diddly done

I  finished another hat for the fall show season.  You saw most of it yesterday but here's the top~~
And a close up ~~


I really like the double D decrease.  It's a nice, clean finish.


I wanted to show you how it's done so I found a video clip on You Tube that shows you how to do it but she leaves out the math.  For my hats I need a stitch count that is divisible by 6.  In this case there were 96 stitches, so there were 16 segments.  Subtract 3 from the segment count (3 stitches make up the decrease) and you get 13.  Knit 7, slip 2 knitwise at the same time, knit 1, pass the slipped stitches over the knit stitch and knit the remaining 6 stitches.  Sounds confusing but watch the video and that should help.  If you still have questions, leave me a comment.

1 comment:

janet said...

That is a great hat! Thanks for the info. on the decreases.