Thursday, April 11, 2013

Road Trip!

Tomorrow morning bright and early I'm picking up my friend Sue and driving down to Cincinnati for the International Quilt Show.  We're spending the night in a hotel that is 'undergoing renovation' -- yikes!!  Wish us luck.  Even their restaurants are closed.  No worries -- there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance.

I went to this show by myself last year.  Drove down and back in one day (550 miles round trip!), running through the quilt displays and vendors with reckless abandon.  This time I'll be able to see all the quilts and visit each vendor at least once!

It will be a bit warmer there than here so that's another plus.  I'm so tired of this chilly, rainy weather.  Can't wait for warmer days.  I'm hoping it's true -- April showers bring May flowers.

No comments: