Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good Beds/Bad Beds

When I stayed at the Darby House week before last, I shared a room with two twin beds with my friend Sue.  It was a cozy, comfortable room:

All of the rooms looked great but since I go to bed earliest of the group I chose this bedroom since it was the farthest from the work room, hence a bit quieter.  I slept like a baby.

When I traveled to Atlanta to visit my niece I stopped on my way down at a Red Roof Inn in Kentucky.  Lousy bed, creepy room, chintzy amenities, prank calls after 11 pm, and breakfast offerings that were so bad the only thing I had was a small glass of Tang (yes, that Tang!).  Got my real breakfast at a diner down the road.

On the way back from Atlanta I stayed in Berea, KY at the Boone Tavern Hotel.  I called them from the road at about 10:30 pm and was lucky to get their last available room -- woohoo!  It was 1000% better!  No more hittin' the roof for me!  

The Boone Tavern is on the registry of historic inns and I can see why.



I had such a good night's sleep there, everything was perfect.  I'll make it a point to return when I'm passing through that area again.  Maybe I'll make it a destination!

1 comment:

SusanQuilter said...

The Boone looks quite charming! Glad your night there was pleasant....Nothing quite like an icky room on the road after a long day of driving.