Sunday, October 25, 2009

Quick Post

I'm off to bed early tonight because I need the extra sleep.  I'll be heading into the office tomorrow at 6:30 am.  I'll need the extra time to prepare my year end review, which is due to my manager on Tuesday.  This is always a task we dread in the office, moaning and groaning about it for days.

This week will be especially bad because we're anticipating the announcement on Friday of the staffing cuts.  We all work so well together that it will be sad to hear who will be excessed.  Eventually I expect our whole staff to be gone.  I've been through this sort of transition before and it's always devastating watching coworkers, one by one, get let go.

But, I do want to end on a funny note.  Remember my washer being on the fritz?  Well, it's still not repaired so I had to go to the laundry mat to get my things washed.  I picked up a quick dinner at Burger King, put my things in the washers at the laundry mat, and went back out to the car to eat my dinner and listen to 60 Minutes on the radio.  I washed the tote bag I made yesterday at the Fiber Expo and it came out nicely.  The funny part comes from drying my things.  I mistook an elderly man's cracked hamper for a waste can and placed the excess fiber from the bag inside of the 'can'.  I wasn't alone, as I observed him removing empty candy boxes, used dryer sheets, and other garbage, with a look of disgust on his face.  I had wondered why someone would put perfectly good hangers in the 'can'.  Guess I know now!

No comments: