Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicken Christmas

Sunday was our annual Chicken Christmas Brunch.  My friend Joyce hosted us and did all the food, which was fantastic.  Usually we all bring a dish to pass but this year Joyce insisted on doing all the work.  We chatted for hours, much of the time about all of our grandchildren.  There was a gift exchange that required a $10 purchase from Home Goods.  Being on my ABC kick I found an egg carton with soap shaped like eggs that came from New Zealand, to use for my exchange item.  Lots of fun and beautiful things were swapped.  I got a pair of Champagne flutes from Diane.  Mary got my 'eggs'.
Standing are Diane, Kathy, Carol, Debby, Pat, Joyce, and me.  Seated are Mary and Sue.  Missing on Sunday were Jackie and Judy.  Kathy had a photo book printed for Carol of the photos that Debby had taken when Carol presented her quilt trunk show to the guild earlier this year.



Several of the gals are doing a Shoo Fly block exchange.  Here are the blocks that Kathy received that day:

Debby and Kathy were dressed like twins, unintentionally!

And here are the two mothers-in-law, Joyce and Carol:

After five hours of eating, drinking, and gabbing we all went our separate ways.  It's such a fun group we hate to part!

No comments: