Saturday, May 2, 2015

QVP Saga

Back on April 14th I took the plunge and ordered a Juki TL2200 QVP sit down machine and table.  I took advantage of a Spring sale but it hasn't proven to be a great experience thus far.  First I checked my order's status online and all I saw was Order Approved.  Really?  It was supposed to be shipped by that Friday according to Nedra, who took my order on the 14th.  

Still no status change and then I called them.

Oh, they were conducting a sewing test on the machine so it wouldn't be shipped until the following week.

Okay.  But then on April 24th, when my status was still Order Approved, I called the store again only to discover that the table was faulty and a replacement would have to be ordered.  Hmmm, you mean to tell me that you don't have more tables in stock???

Okay.  This week Antionette (yes, that's how she spells her name) called to say that they hoped to have the table shipment in by Friday.  I sent her a follow-up email asking to be sure to send the updated Control Panel for this machine.  By Friday I received a phone call saying, yes, the new control panel would be sent but the machine would have to be retested before shipping.  The table in the meantime, would be shipped first, on a pallet, which will be dropped in my driveway sometime next week.

Okay.  So I will get the table, lug it into the house, put it together (a challenge according to my Facebook friends who already received it) and the table will sit until the actual sit down machine arrives.

Any guesses on when THAT might happen?

In the meantime, I'm working on updating the room that will become my bedroom.  I ordered new furniture, more on that later, had the drywall repaired, electrical repaired, and now I need someone to paint it a lovely shade called Planetary Silver.  Pictures to follow someday.  Maybe by the end of next week.

I'm going to be very busy clearing out things I don't need anymore.  Some things will go to Salvation Army, some to my children, and other things to garbage.  Wish me luck!

No comments: