Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Committed

I'm committed to lots of things.  My family.  My friends.  My crafting.  But right now, I committed to finding a job closer to home.  I had a miserable ride in to work this morning.  It took me 40 minutes to go the final 4 miles of my commute.  I'm not exaggerating.  I wish I was.  Altogether, it took me an hour and 50 minutes just to get to work.  I was soooo very frustrated but many of my co-workers were stuck in that traffic too.

I'm committed to finding yet another route to work tomorrow, even if it means driving through Ypsilanti to do so.  I'd much rather be moving along through its downtown at 25-35 mph than sitting at a complete standstill on the so-called expressway.  And this was in perfectly good, clear weather.  What's it going to be like when the snow starts to fall???  I hope I can come up with an alternate work situation before then.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Long commutes are stinky,especially when there's no feasible alternate. Hope you find something else soon!