Sunday, September 8, 2013

Keeping Tabs

I've been working on the Keeping Tabs quilt from Modern Quilts Illustrated #5 for myself for the past couple of weekends.  I can't seem to find the time to sew once I get home from work.  Or maybe it's that I can't seem to find the energy to sew.  I don't know.  I only know that this simple quilt is taking a bit of time to complete.

Today I finished sewing the border on and got started on piecing the backing.  The original quilt pattern made a 53" x 84" quilt but my quilt top is 68" x 100" which makes it a long twin.  I figure it will be long enough to tuck under a pillow.  In the mean time, here's the fabric selections for the top:

The solids are the main part of the quilt, the round-ish design is the border and the square-ish design is the backing.  Only there wasn't quite enough for the backing, hence the piecing.  Here's a rather poor camera phone shot of the top before the border was fully stitched on:

Hopefully the entire thing will be done next weekend and I'll decide whether I can tackle the quilting or not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

~ nice! ;-D