Saturday, July 27, 2013

Special Anniversary

Today is the 40th anniversary of my sister Renee's wedding to my brother-in-law Tim.  I was only 12 when they were married but I do remember all of the hoopla and how they flew off to Hawaii for a nearly two year honeymoon as Tim was in the U.S. Army, stationed at Schofield Barracks on Oahu.  Tough way to start a marriage, eh?!

Renee and Tim's three children threw a surprise anniversary party for them today and invited family members from both sides.  Now I know what you're thinking -- how can it be a surprise if it's on their actual anniversary date???  Easy -- last Saturday they had a 40th anniversary mass said for them at the church where they were married and many of today's guests were there.  This was in the church bulletin for that week:
Saturday, July 20, 2013
4:30 pm Liturgy Gifts: Inman Family
40th Wedding Anniversary of Tim & Renee Inman

I think they were totally surprised when they arrived for today's party.  Sorry for the blurry shot, best I could do:


My niece Lauren made up a nice picture board, using many of the pictures from my Mom's collection.


 Here are a couple close ups of the pictures from Renee's wedding day:

And here's another picture from today:

It was a great party and we managed to get a nice shot of my sisters and me.  Notice how we all have patterned tops on???

Maybe we get our style from our Mom??!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a happy thing to celebrate, congratulations to Renee & Tim! That's an accomplishment these days. I never realized how similar in height you & your siblings are. Great photos!

Renee said...

Thanks Suzanne for documenting our special event. We were so surprised and it was wonderful to have so many family members there to share the day with us. How could 40 years have gone by so quickly??
We are truly blessed.xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

~ congrats to 40 years!..great pics! ;-D