Monday, May 5, 2014

Back Home

I returned from a wonderful 9 day adventure very early yesterday morning and I'm still playing catch up with my sleep.  I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight but first I wanted to share a bit about my trip.

I left right after work Thursday before last and drove to a small town in Kentucky for the night.  I arrived too late for an adult beverage in the motel lounge but it was all good as I needed to just go to bed instead so I could rise early and drive to Paducah for the American Quilters Society 30th Anniversary Quilt Show.

I have to say I was very surprised by how unkempt the area around the show was.  Yards were messy -- just not what I was expecting for the biggest event of the year for the town.  I had to walk several blocks to the convention site so I got quite an eye full.  I guess I just figured they'd all be spruced up for their big week.  Oh well.

Once inside the convention center the buzz was amazing -- crowds of people all there to see the wonderful creations of quilters around the world and the vendors - oh, the vendors!  After giving up buying fabric for Lent, let's just say I came to buy.  But no, first I would look at the quilts, then and only then would I start to peruse the vendors.

You can see the show winners on the AQS website so I'm not going to post the nearly 300 photos I took but I will share a few of my favorite quilts over the next few weeks.  I loved so many and there was just so much to enjoy in every aisle.

















1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you enjoyed your trip.