Sunday, August 18, 2013

AQS Grand Rapids Show Pics

Friday I headed over to Grand Rapids for the AQS Quilt Show.  This was the second year for the show in Grand Rapids and it was wonderful again.

I bought some fabric to make a quilt for ME!  I know, I don't have a quilt on my bed so it's high time I do.  I cut out the pieces yesterday and started piecing it before I got distracted with housework.  I'm hoping to finish piecing it by the end of the week.  It all depends on how things go with my new job.

In the mean time here are some photos of the quilts I liked best at the show.  I'll spread the pictures out over the next few days, so you don't get too boggled or bored, whichever comes first!

These first four quilts were part of the Accuquilt Challenge.  Make sure you're sitting back from you monitor to properly view the fourth quilt (it's a dog!).




The next group of quilts are from the Master Pieces exhibit.

I believe this one is by Dianne S. Hire.  Anyone else remember if I'm right?

Libby Lehman:

Velda Newman:


Sue Nickels:

Close up -- amazing!

That's enough photos for today.  Time for me to get my things ready for work tomorrow.  I've got some paperwork to complete, clothes to pick out, and then I'm off to bed early.  No more staying up until 1 am for me!

No comments: