Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Most Enjoyable Day

I spent the day today with my grandson Denver, babysitting while Holly and Mike were at work.  We had a super time and there's nothing like watching someone blossom.  He is so bright and not just because he's my grandson.  He can count to 10 in English and Spanish, recites the English alphabet and can imitate just about any sound a bird or mammal would make.  He won't turn 2 for two more weeks!

Tonight my friend Sue called me with news that my favorite fabric designer, Marcia Derse, is ending her own fabric line, selling her house and moving to Washington state in anticipation of the arrival of her grandchild.  At first I couldn't believe she would want to leave the home she had coveted for years prior to purchasing it a few years ago.  Her fabrics are beautiful and so successful.  How could she leave all this?  Simple -- a grandchild brings so much joy to your life that you would do anything to be near them.  This must be the case for Marcia and her husband.

Tomorrow I'll be up early again and head off to have my drug screening test for my new job before I trek across the state to the AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids.  I'll be snatching up any of Marcia's fabric that I manage to score before it's all gone!

No comments: