I used a Weeks Dye Works variegated 40 wt thread in the bobbin and Glide 40 wt Cream thread in the top. Had to keep re-filling the bobbin, argh, but glad to finally have a project I could use this thread for. I think I've had it for about 10+ years, still in the original wrapper. Sheesh! I used MasterPiece 50 wt in orange to sew the binding on. It's a bit brighter that the binding but I'm ok with that.
Back close up above and Front close up below:
I pieced this quilt using my Juki F600, aka Hazel, and quilted it using my Juki 2010Q, aka Queenie. Hazel is a dream to piece with and Queenie does a fabulous job quilting. I serged the edges using my Juki MO-1000 serger before adding the binding. I sewed the binding on using Hazel and used foot D, the stitch in the ditch foot, to sew the back of the binding down from the front side. It is soooo much faster for me to do it this way compared to hand sewing the binding to the backside.
And for the most part, you never see the stitches on the front edge of the binding. Sweet!
I think I'll make a pillowcase from the remaining pieces of the quilt fabric. I want to use it up and move on to the next quilt! I'll be mailing these out to Owen after the first of the month. Woohoo -- done ahead of time!!! Such a good feeling.