Saturday, May 9, 2015

Still Waiting

I've yet to receive my Juki TL2200 QVP quilting machine and table.  Can you envision me tapping my feet in anticipation?  There is a firmware update that I've requested they make before they ship.  That way I won't have to do it once it arrives.

I should be able to have my bedroom painted by the 19th and with any luck my machine will arrive shortly thereafter.

In the mean time I stopped at a quilt shop today to catch the last day of their going out of business sale.  I focused on acquiring more Jason Yenter solids, which I LUV, and found a backing to use on the quilt I'm going to make for my new bed, which should arrive mid-June.

And before you ask, no, I don't have a project in mind for these beauties.  Yet.

I had a fabulous visit with both of my children today, celebrating Mother's Day a tad early.  I went to lunch with Holly and her family.  My grandkids are just the best:


See all that mess on the table behind Lilly?  That never did get cleared while we were there.  Oddly it seems they were short on both servers and busboys.  The food was terrific and the company even better.  So nice to see my little cuties!

Even though my Mother is no longer here I know she is watching over us all and approving how we've managed to go on without her.  I'm trying hard to focus on all the good memories and not dwell on her absence.  If you are fortunate to still have your mother with you I hope you are doing something wonderful with/for her tomorrow.  And to all my friends with children - Happy Mother's Day!


No comments: